wps for bissaloy

Home Forums General AS1554 Questions wps for bissaloy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    warfab
    Spectator

Hello all,
    Would like advice on a procedure qual. I am peparing a PQR for mild steel to Bissalloy
    500 and in AS1554.4 the maximum tensile strengrh of paremt material covered
    is 800 mpa. Biss 500 is 1640 mpa. What standard covers this material and what
    testing requirements are there for the PQR?

warfab
    Spectator

Hello………
    No responses

Shane Kavanagh
    Spectator

Are you sure about the Tensile strength in AS/NZS 1554.4 2010? I cant see where it says that in the standard?. It mentions the Yield strength maximum is 1000MPa for the parent metal (2.1 (a). Yield is where it starts to deform plastically. What is the yield strength on the material cert?

Regards
    Kav

Kav

warfab
    Spectator

Kav,
    Mate you are correct I was looking at AS1554.4 1995, the latest version states 1000 mpa fur tensile.
    The tensile strength for biss 500 is 1640 mpa. Still need to answer original question though..
    Thanks for responding.
    cheers!!!!

dieselofdog
    Spectator

Maybe ask your client if he is happy to work under AS1554.4, and just draw up an agreement. 

cassgazz
    Spectator

See clause 1.3 –
    Any alternative materials, welding processes, consumables, methods of construction or
    testing that give equivalent results to those specified, but do not comply with the specific
    requirements of this Standard or are not mentioned in it, are not necessarily prohibited.

As long as you have client approval, it should be fine.
    As far as I am aware, there are no other Australian Structural Steel welding standards that you would be able to weld to.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.